May 22, 2026 2:11 PM

printer

SC to hear plea against CBSE’s three-language study compulsory for Class 9 students from July 1

The Supreme Court today agreed to hear next week a plea challenging the new CBSE policy making three-language study compulsory for Class 9 students from July 1. Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi mentioned the matter before a Bench headed by Chief Justice Surya Kant and comprising Justices Joymalya Bagchi and Vipul M Pancholi. He said the PIL had been filed by students, teachers and parents. He said the new CBSE policy made two additional languages compulsory in Class 9 and will create chaos. He urged the Court to list the matter on Monday. The Chief Justice said the case would be taken up next week during the miscellaneous hearing week.